PE and Sport Premium
Impact of Sports Premium funding July 2021
How we will spend our money
The National Curriculum requirements for Swimming and water safety;
All schools must provide swimming instruction either in key stage 1 or key stage 2.
In particular, pupils should be taught to:
- swim competently, confidently and proficiently over a distance of at least 25 metres
- use a range of strokes effectively [for example, front crawl, backstroke and breaststroke]
- perform safe self-rescue in different water-based situations
At Vernham Dean Gillum’s Church of England Primary School 82% of our Year 6 pupils Jan 2019 have achieved the above outcomes.
Funding for the PE and sport premium – academic year 2018-2019
We receive PE and Sport Premium for our pupils in Years 1 to 6. The amount is determined on how many pupils there are in our school from the January census and is variable each year. As we are a school with 17 or more eligible pupils, this year we will receive £16,000 and an additional payment of £10 per pupil, £16,660. The money is given to us in two allocations from the local authority and must be used to fund improvements to the provision of PE and sport. This year’s allocation:
- 7/12 of our funding allocation will be paid to the local authority on 31 October 2018 £9695
- 5/12 of our funding allocation will be paid to the local authority on 3rd May 2019 £6925
Intended Outcomes for this academic year
- We will introduce new sports activities to encourage more pupils to participate in a variety of sport
- We will provide our pupils with active sports club at lunchtime and after school on Tuesday to promote healthy living
- We will increase and improve the quality of teaching and learning in physical education through staff development
- We will increase pupils participation in sport and ensure they are more active to develop healthy lifestyles
- We will participate in sports activities with other schools
Spending of Sport Premium Funding 2018-2019
|Premier Sports – hiring of specialist sports coaches to support our intended outcomes||£10,950|
|Healthy lifestyle targeted lunchtime activities||£1,710|
Please note that the remainder of our allocation will be used to enhance sport at a later date in the academic year through Premium Education.